UPS Tracking, Locations Near Me, Contact & Hours
History of UPS
United Parcel Service, shortened in initials as UPS, is an American international package delivery and supply chain management company. The global logistics company has its headquarters in the U.S. city of Sandy Springs, Georgia, which is a part of the Greater Atlanta metropolitan area. In 1907, James Casey and Claude Ryan founded the American Messenger Company in Seattle, Washington. Later, the company consolidated into the Merchants Parcel Delivery. In 1919, the company expanded to Oakland, California, and switched its name to United Parcel Service. UPS became one of the first in the United States to offer standard carrier service.
Whether you’re receiving one package or shipping hundreds, UPS Tracking provides insight into your shipment’s status throughout its journey. With UPS tracking solutions, you can stay informed about the status of up to 25 packages using tracking or reference numbers, online or by email. Visit the homepage of the main website. Enter your UPS tracking number to track the status of your parcel.
Other Tracking Services include
• UPS My Choice: A sign-up service that allows you to manage home deliveries to fit your schedule by changing how, when, and where they are delivered.
• Quantum View: Get detailed visibility into shipping activity across your supply chain with highly customizable views, notifications, and reporting.
• Flex Global View: Allow you to manage your global supply chain, suppliers, and inventory with enterprise-wide tracking across multiple transportation modes.
UPS Locations Near Me
Find a convenient UPS drop off point to ship and collect your packages. Their locations offer shipping, packing, mailing, and other business services that work with your schedule to make shipping easier. There is a menu bar on the main web page of UPS for finding locations. It will open another website with a dialogue box where you can enter your city or town, and it will find the closest one to you displayed on a map. It will also inform you about dropoff times and directions to the location.
UPS Contact and Customer Service
For general concerns, customers can call 1-800-742-5877 (1-800-PICK-UPS®). For international shipping, call 1-800-782-7892, and for technical support, call 1-877-289-6418. Visit the customer support page for further information. The page features a digital assistant with a dialogue box to answer any questions you could have. Alternatively, you can log in to email them directly. There is also online support resources with frequently asked questions and answers to many of these common issues customers may have.
UPS Hours of Operation
UPS hours of operation may vary by location. To find the hours of a UPS location near you, select the Find Locations link and follow these steps:
• Enter your location details and location type(s).
• Select Find to display results.
• Determine the best location for your needs.
• Select the icon on the map that corresponds to your location to display the hours.
UPS hours of operation for the customer service teams apply to all U.S. time zones from Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.