DHL Tracking, Locations Near Me, Contact & Hours
History of DHL
DHL is a renowned international courier whose abbreviation stands for Dalsey, Hillblom, and Lynn. The courier is part of the parcel and expresses mail division of the German logistics firm Deutsche Post DHL, which acquired them in 2002, the world’s largest logistics firm hauling over 1.3 billion packages per year. On 25 September 1969, Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom, and Robert Lynn incorporated DHL in the United States. Hillblom put up a portion of his student loans to start the company, bringing in his two friends Dalsey and Lynn, as partners, with their surnames’ combined initials as the company name.
The fastest way to check your shipment status is to visit the tracking link on their official website and enter your package’s tracking number. The online results are in real-time, giving detailed progress without having to call Customer Service. Noteworthy is that DHL Express tracking numbers are typically ten unique digits, numerical or starts with 000, JJD01, JJD00, JVGL, or similar. An example of this tracking number is 1234567890 or JJD0099999999.
DHL Locations Near Me
Locate the nearest DHL Express drop box or service points and enter your location. It will show the opening hours and closest locations. Follow these instructions on the locator website:
• Select a country or region to define your location.
• Select a place or zip code.
• It is possible to add a street name or house number.
• Select a service such as to send a shipment, collect a shipment, or both
• You may be prompted to answer whether or not you have a DHL account and a shipment label or if you are collecting a shipment or a shipment is being sent to you.
• The results are displayed on the left side of the screen. The closest addresses are first, with an estimated distance in miles. Simultaneously, there is a large map in the center of the screen, with each of the locations pinned.
DHL Contact and Customer Service
To connect with DHL’s customer service department, try to reach out by phone, email, social media via their official Facebook or Twitter page, or traditional mail.
• Phone Number: You can reach DHL customer support by calling 1-800-225-5345 or the official number locally.
• Email: You can make an official email inquiry on their website.
• Mail: You can send your correspondence to the corporate headquarters within your country.
• Social Media: Customers can connect with the customer service department through social media using their official Facebook or Twitter page, by sending a message. Responses from the customer service department often happen within 24 hours.
DHL Hours of Operation
Regular business hours on weekdays are generally Monday to Friday between 8:30 am-7:00 pm. To find specific times, use the location service on the website, the results will show particular times for each of the offices. While on weekends, the customer service department is typically closed. However, the DHL’s faults and technical teams are open all year round during the week and holidays.