USPS Pickup Schedule, Times, and Phone Number
USPS is the most cost-friendly company in the United States that offers a standard pickup service, providing the most economical and convenient pickup and shipping service. This article discusses everything you need to know about USPS pickup schedules, times, and contacts.
How does USPS pick up work?
USPS pick-up works in a similar way to pick-up services by other couriers. The first step to scheduling a USPS pickup is registering for a USPS account online via the USPS website. After your account has been created, follow these next steps:
• Complete and pay for a shipping label.
• You can create a shipping label by merely selecting “Click-N-Ship” under the “Mail & Ship” menu on the USPS website and proceed to make your shipping label by filling out the information asked. You can pay for your shipping label either by PayPal or credit/debit card.
• After which, you can go ahead and schedule a pickup using the USPS online tool for pickup schedules and filling out the prompts with details of your shipment.
• Remember the “Package pickup address,” which will be used by the postman and is where your package is placed to be found by the postman (e.g., mailbox, mailroom, office, or front door)
• Schedule date and enter the number and weight of packages.
Alternatively, after your label has been printed, you can simply attach it to your package and drop it off at the post office, and it will be shipped for you.
USPS Schedule and Pickup Times
One of the options to fill out while creating a shipping label for your package is your package’s delivery time. As standard, USPS pickups can be scheduled from Monday – Saturday until 2:00 AM on the pickup day. After 2:00 AM, USPS does not offer same-day pickup.
How to find USPS Pickup Near Me/Location
You can easily find a location tab on the USPS homepage. Follow these effortless instructions:
• Enter your city or town and the mile radius closest to you with the results displayed on a map.
• Clicking a location will show you what time it opens or when it closes and which services it offers. It will also inform you about if Street Parking is available, the accessibility of the facility, and the Post Office’s direct phone number. Additionally, the USPS website has a glossary of all USPS service locations.
USPS Pickup Phone Number and Customer Service
The USPS locator’s search results will provide contact information of all the nearest Post offices around you. By contacting the service numbers, you can get up-to-date information on pickup services. However, for general customer service, you can use the options below:
• Phone: +18002221811 for pickup or customer service on +18775696614.
• Email: You can make an official email inquiry on their website.
• Mail: You can send your correspondence to the corporate headquarters within your country.
• Social Media: Customers can connect with the customer service department through social media using their official Facebook or Twitter page by sending a message. Responses from the customer service department often happen within 24 hours.
Is USPS pickup free? How much does it cost?
Yes, USPS package pickup is a free service regardless of the number of items scheduled for pickup and the next delivery day or the designated delivery day. There you can schedule a free pick up for the next postal business day. Note that mailpieces weighing more than 10 ounces or more than 1/2-inch in thickness bearing postage stamps for postage are unacceptable for package pickup. Therefore, if a customer wants to send a package of that size, they must bring it to an employee at a retail counter at a USPS location.
Can USPS pick up from my house? USPS Pickup Request
USPS dispatches mail carriers to pick up your shipment at the given address on your pickup schedule form.
How to Cancel USPS Pickup
To cancel your USPS pickup request, you can simply do so by contacting USPS customer service and proceed with a cancellation request. Or you can cancel a request online with the following steps:
• Log in to your USPS account.
• Go to “Schedule a Pickup” under “Ship a Package”
• Click “Need to make changes to a Scheduled Pickup?”
• Enter your confirmation number and email address or phone number
• Click “Edit Pickup”
• Click “Need to cancel this scheduled pickup?”
• Click “Yes” to confirm you want to cancel the pickup.
• A confirmation page with the cancellation and confirmation number will be displayed.
• You will receive an email with the cancellation confirmation.