Canada Post Delivery Times & Schedule in My Area
Canada Post offers customers comprehensive delivery times and schedules within Canada, as expected of any international courier. This article discusses those delivery times and plans and how to know them in your area.
Canada Post Delivery Hours and Times
Canada Post makes two significant types of deliveries for residences or businesses. The delivery hours and times for each are presented as follows:
• Canada Post delivers mail Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. until as late as 8:00 p.m. However, they do not deliver mail on statutory holidays like Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.
• Canada Post delivers mail Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m, with every effort to accommodate business hours along each route. Again, they do not deliver mail on statutory holidays like Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.
Note that due to factors like delivery volume or a change in the delivery route, Canada Post delivery may arrive earlier than you usually expect. You can track your delivery by entering your tracking number on the homepage.
How to find Canada Post Near Me / In My Area
To find the most neighboring Canada Post offices, visit the main website, and click on “Find a post office.” Next, enter your city or town. You should recognize a familiar interface on the results page. It utilizes Google Maps to display the closest locations and the opening hours. Alternatively, you can click on this link, to be taken directly to the “Find a post office” webpage. A map will display all the open post offices near you, and this data is updated daily.
How early and late Canada Post delivers?
Canada Post often delivers from Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. However, your package’s latest possible arrival time is officially at 8:00 p.m or even later on some rare occasions. Remember, you can also contact Canada Post customer service through your Canada Post login or by calling +18666076301 for help with the delivery status of a trackable item.
Is Canada Post delivery time accurate?
Yes, Canada Post delivery times are usually accurate. However, the best way to check your delivery status in real-time is to visit the tracking link on their official website, and enter your package’s tracking number. The online results are always updated, giving detailed progress without having to call Customer Service. That way you can find out when exactly the package may arrive.
Can I pick up Canada Post package before delivery?
Yes, it is possible. You can set a delivery preference before the delivery agent attempts to deliver your package at your door. You can do that by visiting this webpage. However, when your parcel is out for delivery, you can not modify your delivery preference. Thus, it is crucial to track your package and sign up for notifications as soon as you receive the merchant’s tracking number.
The Canada Post delivery agent will make the best effort to leave your package in the requested location from your delivery preference request. In case the delivery agent can’t access the site, or the delivery agent will leave a delivery notice card and bring your package to a nearby post office for you to pick up.
How to Change Canada Post Delivery Address
Canada Post has two significant ways to change delivery addresses or reroute deliveries for residences or businesses. The means for each are presented as follows:
• You can order Mail Forwarding online, with a Canadian credit card and valid email address.
• You can buy the service at a post office – save time by filling out the Mail Forwarding order form in advance. You will need to show a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, or citizenship card.
• It can cost $56.70 to forward mail for four months. However, to find out about a one-time delivery address change, call customer service.
• Canada Post has an online tool that allows business customers to change the destination of their shipments while in transit.
Why is my Canada Post delivery late/delayed?
Deliveries may be delayed due to multiple factors, such as weather conditions, public holidays, strikes, custom clearance issues, incorrect address specification, insufficient documentation, recipient unavailability, and poor carrier performance. You can track your package on the main Canada Post website or by calling +18666076301 for customer service in case of delays.
What’s a Canada Post delivery exception?
An exception indicates a delivery interruption. If you receive a message that your shipment has experienced an exception, do not panic. Reasons could include unknown addresses, damage to the mail, or unreceived signatures. The next best step is to track the package and make modifications if necessary.